Thursday, April 24, 2008

White Fence Farm

White Fence Farm is a restaurant and mini theme park that celebrates the American farm experience. I ate at the suburban Denver location with my cousin and her family last Friday, and I loved it!

First of all, what's not to love about corn fritters tossed in powdered sugar:

Or a plate stacked high with crispy-on-the-outside/juicy-on-the-inside fried chicken (extra points for the American flag):

In addition to the food, there was a petting zoo with goats, an indoor and outdoor play area, a live music area (yes, the band was playing country), an Americana barn, a Clydesdale-drawn carriage, peacocks, and country life exhibits, like this one:

What I loved most about this place, though, has to be this:

Yay! A chicken car!

For the full set of photos on Flickr, click here.

3 comments:

K P said...

Think I can fit Django in this?

Anonymous said...

OMG CORN FRITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember the corn fritters at the pizza place that was subterraen on cayuga street--what was it called, chariots pizza?? oh, the corn fritters--oh, lost loves.... : )

--My Linh

Anonymous said...

People should read this.