Sunday, October 29, 2006

Garbage on a pedestal

I arrived in Buenos Aires this morning and after taking a much-needed nap and chatting a bit with my host, I took advantage of the breaking sunlight and went for a stroll. I'm staying just a couple of blocks south of the uber-trendy Palermo neighborhood and my Spanish school, and I decided to walk towards that area since the area immediately surrounding me was pretty quiet. During the walk, I noticed something that I had never really seen before: truly elevated garbage bins.





































These aren't really common...most of the time, you'll see orange bins, also elevated, but not quite so high or as pretty:













In any event, I'm sure there was a reason for the elegant metal trash receptacles, perhaps fear of flooding or dogs. Whatever the reason, I really like them, despite their limited storage capacity.

No comments: