Monday, October 30, 2006

Suspension

I woke up early this morning to catch one of the last English tours of the Teatro Colon for the next 3 years, but unfortunately, when I got there, I found it to be completely sold out for today and tomorrow. Oh well...I quickly changed my morning plan and decided to visit the Puerto Madero area of B. Aires.

Puerto Madero is a new and modern area with waterfront lofts in old red brick factory buildings... and fine dining establishments such as TGI Fridays and Hooters (ha!). Anyway, the main reason I ventured to this area was to see a bridge designed by my favorite architect, Santiago Calatrava:

The bridge is called La Puente de la Mujer or the Bridge of the Woman. Not sure if it refers to this particular woman, but it's probably a good guess:

No comments: