Sunday, January 27, 2008

Big Sugar Bakeshop

Yesterday, I went to the Big Sugar Bakeshop in Studio City to eat cupcakes with other members of the L.A. Cupcake Meetup group. The organizer of the group, Tara, also has her own blog and posted the details.

I agree with Tara... the best was the Icebox cupcake. These weren't my favorite cupcakes, but they were still good and the store is absolutely adorable. I had to fight myself not to buy some of the cool merchandise they have in the front. Plus, they had complimentary samples, coffee and water and were very accommodating for our large group. They also have cookies and other baked goods and I'll have to try those the next time I'm on Ventura Blvd.

Overall, I enjoyed myself. I am seldom in situations where I get to talk to new people, and there were many interesting people whom I would have never met otherwise. If you want to meet people, I definitely suggest finding a group on Meetup.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it and glad to see you have a blog as well! See you next time.

lil miss dubin said...

I have never met a cupcake I didn't like. If only I had a metabolism that would still allow me to eat them! (About a year ago, I considered eating a Cinnabon in the Sacramento airport--and then found the strength somehow to pass instead. But, Troy as my witness, to this day I still talk lovingly about the Cinnabon that wasn't. Sigh.)